Nan NDNC reyinyon Lendi a, nou te fè yon rapid pwojè brase atizay yo kreye yon Valentine ak bagay sa yo nou renmen sou Delridge. Li se yon lis trè pwòp. Anplis de sa nan espas yo Fabulous natirèl, òganizasyon, biznis yo, ak aktivite, te gen kèk bagay vrèman orijinal: moun ki reyèl, serye pouvwa sèvis, flè nan ti sèk trafik, yad farfelu, and guerilla gardening to name a few.
At the beginning of the meeting, we opened with everyone giving an answer to the question: “What is one thing about Delridge that makes it different from other neighborhoods?” Here is a list of what people said:
- most greenspace per capita in Seattle
- Longfellow Creek
- low number of snobby people
- first tool library in the city
- incredible activism and neighbor involvement
- close to downtown, but still access to nature trails
- solstice parade
- more diversity
- number of neighbors who take action (and don’t just complain)
- and the “Delridge Move” which is the practice of using the center turn lane for passing
Lots of great discussion and energy for the coming year, with a focus on supporting small gatherings and smaller neighborhood groups.