At Monday’s NDNC meeting, we did a quick brainstorming art project to create a valentine with the things we love about Delridge. It’s a pretty neat list. In addition to the fabulous natural spaces, organizations, işletmeler, and activities, there were some really quirky things: real people, reliable power service, flowers in traffic circles, wacky yards, and guerilla gardening to name a few.
At the beginning of the meeting, we opened with everyone giving an answer to the question: “What is one thing about Delridge that makes it different from other neighborhoods?” Here is a list of what people said:
- most greenspace per capita in Seattle
- Longfellow Creek
- low number of snobby people
- first tool library in the city
- incredible activism and neighbor involvement
- close to downtown, but still access to nature trails
- solstice parade
- more diversity
- number of neighbors who take action (and don’t just complain)
- ve “Delridge Move” which is the practice of using the center turn lane for passing
Lots of great discussion and energy for the coming year, with a focus on supporting small gatherings and smaller neighborhood groups.