U ponedjeljak sastanak NDNC, smo brzo brainstorming umjetnički projekt za stvaranje ljubavna sa stvarima koje volimo o Delridge. To je prilično uredan popis. Osim prekrasnih prirodnih mjesta, Organizacije, poduzeća, i aktivnosti, postojale su neke stvari stvarno quirky: pravi ljudi, pouzdanost napajanja sobu, cvijeće u prometnim krugovima, otkačeno m, and guerilla gardening to name a few.
At the beginning of the meeting, we opened with everyone giving an answer to the question: “What is one thing about Delridge that makes it different from other neighborhoods?” Here is a list of what people said:
- most greenspace per capita in Seattle
- Longfellow Creek
- low number of snobby people
- first tool library in the city
- incredible activism and neighbor involvement
- close to downtown, but still access to nature trails
- solstice parade
- more diversity
- number of neighbors who take action (and don’t just complain)
- and the “Delridge Move” which is the practice of using the center turn lane for passing
Lots of great discussion and energy for the coming year, with a focus on supporting small gatherings and smaller neighborhood groups.